Quinoa is the perfect substitute for rice in almost any dish, especially when it involves cooked rice. Fried rice is a perfect dish to use quinoa as a substitute.
This tasty, gluten-free quinoa fried rice takes less than 10 minutes to make and uses only 7 ingredients!
- 3 – 4 cups cooked Olivra Organic Quinoa chilled
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil or coconut oil
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 16oz bag organic frozen veggies, any variety
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 – 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stirring until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add quinoa and veggies and cook until starting to soften and coated in flavouring, about 2 minutes. Push this mixture to the side of the pan and crack both eggs directly into the hot skillet. Scramble with a fork until cooked through. Stir into quinoa-veggie mixture.
- Pour soy sauce over pan, sprinkle with ginger and toss to combine, cooking for another minute or two until nice and hot. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!